Saturday, May 7, 2011

Whole Body

Wow, I really cannot believe the semester is done. But as it is, it comes as no surprise that we are now combining everything we have learned. The past couple classes have been all about the entire body. I did a few drawings on Tuesday but we mainly focused on drawing on Thursday. I was pretty disappointed with my work, but hopefully that changes on Tuesday (the last day of class!). I don’t really think it was bad because we are combining everything, but rather because it was a bad day. Well, at least I think that’s what it was.

My manikin is in rough shape. I need to redo about 8 of my arm muscles and tweak some of the leg muscles. Thankfully, I think it should make my manikin look a lot better. But, it kind of sucks to see him torn up.

I have begun my self-portrait and it is going all right. I really struggle with facial features, which I will probably start tomorrow. I hope that my ability to draw the structure will kind of hide the fact that I suck with everything else. I am hoping to really work on it over the summer though. In addition, with digital characters next semester, I hope that I can really get better. I think I am going to have to hold myself back from using shading. I just need to use my contours effectively.

http://drawsketch.about.com/od/figuredrawing/ss/drawingnoses_5.htm


I tried to find an image of the face that used contour lines to describe form. I think I found a pretty good one. Not only that, but the nose is really great. And the eyelids feel like they wrap around the eyeball. Overall, I think it is a nice portrait. Hopefully, I can apply the same technique in my self portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment